Partner and Accredited Specialist in Family Law
City born and country raised Warwick Gilbertson understands people as much as he understands the law.
It is this combination of talents coupled with 40 years of experience that has seen Warwick become a sought after advisor regarding Wills, Powers of Attorney, Guardianship, Trusts, Companies, Superannuation Funds, Business entities and the claims that can be made upon them.
Warwick’s journey as a lawyer has brought him far since being admitted to practice as a Practitioner of the Supreme Court of Tasmania in 1975, to a solicitor of the Supreme Court of NSW in 1980, to now being Partner at Turnbull Hill Lawyers. He is the partner in charge of our Estate Planning, Contested Wills and Family Law Teams.
As a person who cares greatly about others it comes as no surprise that Warwick and his teams commit themselves daily to protecting families and other stakeholders.
One way they achieve this is by structuring a client’s existing and future wealth in a way that minimises risk. Clients with a range of business interests and personal assets find this service a vital component of their broader planning and risk management strategies.
Warwick sees this proactive and planned approach to risk minimisation as a key service for many of his clients rather than the more traditional approach of only assisting the client when a problem occurs. His accreditation as a Family Law Specialist is testimony to his expertise in dealing with property settlements; especially those cases that involve the added complexity of partnerships, companies, trusts and self managed super funds.
He has extensive experience in contested wills and estate cases in the Equity and Probate Divisions of the Supreme Court. These matters include claims for equitable relief.
Warwick is a Trust and Estate Practitioner (TEP), a specialist designation given to him by STEP – the worldwide professional association for those advising families across generations. He is one of only a handful of TEPs in the wider Hunter region and the only TEP available to advise families in Lake Macquarie.
Warwick made the move to Newcastle from the Central West of NSW in 2003 to join the team at Turnbull Hill Lawyers. When Warwick is not assisting clients he can be found out and about with friends and family, or involved in his local church.
- Wills and Estates Law
- Estate Planning
- Deceased Estates, Probate and Administration
- Asset Protection
- Testamentary Trust
- Contested Wills & Estates Law
- Enduring Power of Attorney
- Enduring Guardian
- Elder Law
- Family & De Facto Law
- Family Law First Step Package
- Family Law Property Settlement
- Family Law Divorce
- Family Law Online Divorce (Uncontested)
- Family Law Children Matters
- Family Law Child Support
- Family Law Separation Agreements
- Bachelor of Law (University of Tasmania)
- Accredited Specialist (Family Law) since 1993
- Legal Practitioner of the Supreme Court of Tasmania since 1975
- Practitioner of the High Court of Australia since 1975
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of NSW since 1980
- Associate Member of the Taxation Institute of Australia
- TEP – Full Member of The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)