Debt Recovery Lawyers NSW
In this precarious global economy, insolvency rates are rising and the risk of customers becoming debtors is all too common. To minimise this risk, you need to ensure that you protect your business’s interests by having well-drafted terms of trade, credit and contractual agreements with your customers and by establishing correct systems and documentation to ensure the protection of your security interests.
In the event that you need to chase unpaid invoices from your customers or subcontractors, our Commercial Litigation & Dispute Resolution Team can provide you with high quality and cost effective advice and take action to recover your money from debtors.
We are debt recovery lawyers, not a debt collection agency.
We assist clients with business and personal debts right across NSW. While we do the bulk of our debt recovery work remotely, we do also have offices in:
- Sydney CBD
- Newcastle (Charlestown)
- Central Coast (Tuggerah)
How do I get started?
Our Debt Recovery Legal Services
- Commercial Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Debtor location and skip tracing
- Letters of Demand
- Commencing proceedings in the Consumer, NSW Civil Administrative Tribunal (NCAT), Local Court, District Court and Supreme Court
- Settling matters by way of alternative dispute resolution processes
- Drafting and enforcing Deeds of Release and security enforcement documentation
- Obtaining and enforcing judgements by way of writs, instalment orders, garnishment, bankruptcy and corporate insolvency solutions
- Advising in preference recovery disputes and insolvent transactions
- Assisting you in the recovery of your assets including obtaining urgent court orders (Mareva Injunctions)
- Advising you on your risk and liabilities in your business transactions
- Assisting you and your business by drafting agreements to minimise the need for debt recovery actions
- Advise on the protection of your security interests under the Personal Properties Security Act 2009 (Cth)
- Act for you in Competition and Consumer Act claims
What is the debt recovery process in NSW?
We’ve written a detailed article that provides an overview of the debt recovery process in NSW.
We’ve also created a downloadable 1-page flow chart that shows you the entire legal process in a step-by-step format – Debt Recovery Process Flow Chart.
If you’d like further information about the steps involved, we’ve created a downloadable document which outlines the methods in more detail – Debt Recovery Methods.
- Commercial Litigation
- Insolvency Law
- Bankruptcy, Insolvency & Restructuring
- Business Contracts
- Breach of Contract Disputes
- Business Risk Management
More information related to the debt recovery process in NSW
- 28/06/2017 by Gavin HanrahanThe Debt Recovery Process in NSW
- 04/10/2017 by Jack LindgrenLetter of Demand
- 24/07/2015 by Gavin HanrahanWhat is a letter of demand and when do I send it?
- 17/04/2014 by Gavin Hanrahan10 Ways Business Owners Can Improve Their Debt Recovery Processes
- 24/10/2017 by Jack LindgrenPersonal Guarantees: Do you know what you are signing?