Rachael is a Senior Paralegal within the Commercial and General Litigation Team.
In 1996 Rachael started working for a national commercial and insurance law firm gaining further experience in the area of Building and Construction Law and Banking and Finance and in 2000 moved into her specialised area of Debt Recovery and Credit Control.
During this time Rachael was recovering debts on behalf of a large national credit agency involving recovery proceedings in all jurisdictions in all states and territories and initiating mortgage enforcement proceedings in the Supreme Court, obtaining judgment and obtaining Possession Orders.
Adding to her extensive experience in Debt Recovery, Rachael also works in the General Litigation Team in a variety of areas including Personal injury, Motor Vehicle Accident Compensation, Dust Disease and Asbestos Compensation Claims.
What Rachael does
Rachael’s debt recovery experience involves:
- Issuing letters of demand
- Creditors Statutory Demand for Payment of Debt
- Initiating debt recovery proceedings
- Obtaining judgment
- Issuing enforcement proceedings
Rachael also liaises with:
- Process servers
- Office of the Sheriff
- Australian Financial Security Authority
- Financial institutions
- Court staff in the Local Court, District Court, Supreme Court and Federal Court and filing Court documents via the Online Court Registry.
Rachael’s personal injury experience involves liaising with
- Medical professionals and experts
- Dust Diseases Tribunal
- Court staff in the District Court and Supreme Court.
Locations Rachael services
New South Wales
Outside of Turnbull Hill Lawyers
Outside of work Rachael enjoys spending time with family, gardening and combining her love of travel and photography with regular visits to her family in South Africa photographing wildlife on safari in Kruger Park.
Rachael is a Life Member of Macquarie Hunter Athletics Club, coaching and running the Athletes with a Disability Program since 2005 and currently holds the position of Vice President AWD.
- Debt Recovery
- Bankruptcy, Insolvency & Restructuring
- Commercial Litigation
- Breach of Contract Disputes
- NSW’s motor accidents injury compensation scheme
- Dust Disease & Asbestos Compensation Claims
- Total Permanent Disability (TPD) Compensation Claims
- Insurance Law
- Building and Construction Disputes
- Defamation Law
- Personal Property Securities
- Building and Construction Law
- Employment Law
- Employment Law Workplace Investigations
- Unfair Dismissal Claims and Wrongful Termination