Building and Construction Lawyers NSW
From your building or construction projects conception, whatever its size or value, your choices and binding commitments will determine its outcome. It is an important aspect of your risk minimisation strategy to make such decisions in an informed and systematic way with the benefit of proper professional and trade advice.
Some common risks for businesses in this industry include:
- inadequate cash flow;
- a shortage of good quality tradespeople;
- inadequate insurance;
- not properly documenting contracts and variations;
- being supplied with poor quality materials; or
- the principal contractor going broke.
We understand what is at stake in these types of projects and have an experienced team who knows the intricacies of Building and Construction law.
If you would like to discuss your matter in more detail, please contact our Building and Construction Team.
Our Building & Construction Law Services
Our experienced team advises developers and principals, consultants, main contractors (builders), trade contractors, suppliers and home owners in all areas of building, infrastructure and construction law, including dispute resolution.
We can assist you with:
- Review of your tender documentation and contracts
- Advice on contract management and documentation
- Drafting and interpretation of contracts, contract amendments and special conditions
- Formulation of contractual claims or responses to claims
- All building-related litigation, including ‘Security of Payment Act’ claims
- Breach of Contract Disputes
- Advice on Development Applications
- Consumer and home building claims, including representation in the Consumer, Trader & Tenancy Tribunal (NCAT) and the courts
- Building licensing and Home Warranty insurance matters
- Quantum meruit claims
- Advice on builder insolvency issues
- Alternative Dispute Resolution processes mediation, conciliation, expert determination and arbitration (including representation)
- Home Building Law (for home owners)
- Debt recovery
Whatever the project size or value, from its conception you must make choices which will decide its outcome. We believe that it is important for you to make such decisions in an informed and systematic way, with the benefit of proper legal advice as you proceed.
It is never too early to consult us about a looming problem. To do so may prevent a dispute and will at least ensure that the matter proceeds on the correct footing to achieve the best possible result.
If you have a building, infrastructure and construction matter to discuss, please contact our Building & Construction Team today.
- Home Building Disputes
- Building and Construction Disputes
- Commercial Litigation
- Breach of Contract Disputes
- Debt Recovery
- Personal Property Securities
- Business Risk Management
More Information and Related Links
For more information on the Building & Construction industry, check out the following links:
- 19/06/2013 by Gavin HanrahanThe Statutory Warranties Available Under The Home Building Act, 1989
- 26/06/2015 by Jack LindgrenBuilder Dispute Resolution Process
- 20/11/2013 by Gavin HanrahanSome contract basics for people involved in the building industry
- 18/11/2013 by Gavin HanrahanA helpful tip if you are intending to build
- 12/05/2015 by Gavin HanrahanDrug and Alcohol Testing in the Workplace