Gavin is our Managing Partner and head of our Litigation & Commercial Team. Gavin assists people and entities to resolve disputes employing alternative dispute resolution techniques (ADR) in the first instance, and litigation if ADR proves unsuccessful.
Gavin also advises individuals and business owners on many and varied matters including employee relations, employment contracts, supply agreements, shareholders and partnership agreements, terms of trade, insurance contracts, franchise agreements, restraints of trade, joint ventures, contractor agreements, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, etc.
Gavin is a pragmatist, whose goal is to provide his clients with sound advice and useful recommendations.
When advising about dispute resolution, he takes the view that clients should choose their battles carefully and should not lose sight of the big picture.
When advising business owners on operational matter, he takes the view that with 25+ years working as a litigator he has acquired much knowledge about the perils of doing business, and it is incumbent on him to forewarn his clients about them.
Locations Gavin services
Gavin assists business owners all across NSW.
Outside of Turnbull Hill Lawyers
Outside of work, Gavin actively participates in broader community organisations. Gavin is a member of the Boards of Leap Frog Ability and the Lake Macquarie Business Growth Centre, a member of the Holford Oval Mount Hutton Management Committee.
Gavin has formerly been Treasurer of the Redhead SLSC Nippers and the Once a Knight Old Boys, Secretary & President of Central Charlestown Junior Rugby League, President of the Gateshead Oval Management Committee and Chairman of the Newcastle Rugby League Judiciary Committee.
- Commercial Litigation
- Breach of Contract Disputes
- Business Law
- Business Buying or Selling
- Business Structures
- Business Contracts
- Business Franchising & Franchise Agreement
- Business Partnership Agreement
- Business Shareholders Agreement
- Business Licensing Agreement
- Business Buy and Sell Agreement
- Business Joint Venture Agreement
- Business Distribution Agreement
- Business Risk Management
- Bankruptcy, Insolvency & Restructuring
- Defamation Law
- Building and Construction Disputes
- Building and Construction Law
- Home Building Disputes
- Insolvency Law
- Compensation & Insurance Claims
- Dust Disease & Asbestos Compensation Claims
- Workers Compensation Claims
- Medical Negligence Compensation Claims
- Informed Consent Compensation Claims
- Spinal Injury Compensation Claims
- Birth Injury Compensation Claims
- Hospital Negligence Compensation Claims
- NSW’s motor accidents injury compensation scheme
- Failed Surgery Compensation Claims
- Total Permanent Disability (TPD) Compensation Claims
- Personal Injury Compensation Claims
- Employment Law
- Unfair Dismissal Claims and Wrongful Termination
- Employment Law Workplace Investigations
- Insurance Law
- Personal Property Securities
- Debt Recovery
- Diploma in Law
- Advanced Diploma in Business Management