Bankruptcy, Insolvency & Business Restructuring Lawyers NSW
We represent business owners, creditors, debtors, institutional lenders (including lenders in trustee and receivership appointments, business restructuring, and judicial and non-judicial foreclosures), developers, buyers and sellers, trustees, committees, investors, financial institutions, commercial lessors and others in all aspects of insolvency and bankruptcy.
Our Bankruptcy, Insolvency & Restructuring Services
- Corporate Insolvency
- Personal Bankruptcy
- Voluntary Administrations
- Representation of the interests of secured lenders, lessors and debtors in complex debtors and creditors rights litigation
- Litigation including preference recovery actions and uncommercial transactions, commercial mortgage foreclosures, enforcement of notes and guarantees, shareholders actions and company wind-up actions
- Issuing statutory demands
- Representation in bankruptcy alternatives, reorganisations, liquidations, insolvency planning and loan restructures
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Asset purchases
- Creditors rights and bankruptcy-related litigation
- Other debtor/creditor matters, such as equitable subordination litigation and transactional and tax advice
- Post-liquidation/bankruptcy actions, such as creditors meetings, proofs of debt, voting and examination of bankrupts and company officers
Our commercial litigation lawyers are called upon to counsel clients in restructuring complex credit relationships, from the inception to the resolution of problems.
How do you choose the right lawyer?
Finding the most suitable Bankruptcy and Insolvency Lawyer for your unique circumstances is crucial to overcoming this hurdle and moving on with your life.
Our expert team of Bankruptcy Lawyers and Insolvency Lawyers has been helping individuals and businesses right across NSW overcome this stage of their life since we were established in 1969, and as a result, have developed extensive experience and knowledge relating to Bankruptcy Law and Insolvency Law that can be applied to your situation.
With a strong reputation around NSW and a track record of delivering successful outcomes to individuals, creditors, corporations and liquidators, we are confident in our promise to you to deliver the highest quality legal service, assistance and advice.
How will a business restructure eliminate your problems and improve your chance of success?
Corporate restructuring is about making major changes to the general operations, structure or outstanding debt of a business (debt recovery), with the goal of solving one or more significant problems within that business. These problems will typically be causing financial harm and putting the entire business at risk.
A company restructure aims to eliminate the problems and in doing so, greatly improve the business’s chance of success in the future.
Restructuring should be called ‘Business Improvement’. Its a form of strategic planning that aims to support profitability and provide a pathway to success. Corporate restructuring is more than just looking at cash flow; it involves looking at the entire business to assess its strengths and weaknesses, identifying improvement opportunities and harnessing resources in new ways to meet business objectives and financial goals.
Our experienced team, led by Gavin Hanrahan, has extensive experience and knowledge in restructuring a business and strategic planning. Whether its a corporate restructure (cutting costs, payroll reduction, the sale of assets, etc) or a debt restructure (consolidating debt, managing cash flow, adjusting terms, etc), Gavin’s team has what it takes to put your business back on the track to success.
If you’d like to discuss your requirements, or you’d like further information about restructuring your company, contact our Commercial Litigation Team today.
- 21/03/2016 by Gavin HanrahanIndemnity: Signing Away Your Rights!
- 25/02/2016 by Gavin HanrahanEverything you need to know about cease and desist letters
- 24/02/2015 by Gavin HanrahanUnfair Preferences: How a liquidator can claw back payments from creditors
- 28/06/2017 by Gavin HanrahanThe Debt Recovery Process in NSW
- 19/06/2013 by Gavin HanrahanThe Statutory Warranties Available Under The Home Building Act, 1989