Mesothelioma is a form of cancer caused by exposure to asbestos. We understand that mesothelioma will have a huge effect on your life, and those close to you.

Mesothelioma usually affects the lining of the lung (pleura), but it can develop in the lining of the abdomen (peritoneum) or heart (pericardium).

Can I claim compensation if I have been diagnosed with mesothelioma?

The vast majority of people diagnosed with mesothelioma are entitled to either (or both of):

  • Dust Diseases Care – a fortnightly compensation payment for you and your eligible dependents, together with payment of your medical, hospital and treatment expenses related to the dust disease, or
  • Common law damages – compensation for your pain and suffering, past and future medical treatment and past and future care.

Dust Diseases Care benefits are assessed and paid by iCare. The Dust Diseases Tribunal awards common law damages.

If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma caused by exposure to asbestos while working in New South Wales, we can help you claim Dust Diseases Care from iCare or common law damages from New South Wales’ Dust Diseases Tribunal.

Many of our clients developed mesothelioma having been exposed to asbestos at work many years earlier. We are experienced in investigating our clients’ employment and work history, tracking down those responsible for their illness, and then taking urgent legal proceedings against those responsible.

Typically, these legal proceedings require urgency given the speed with which mesothelioma can cause death. We can help you, even if you have not worked for many years, or your former employer no longer trades.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Get Help

Please provide details regarding your matter so we can assist you.

We respond in 24 hours or less!*

*During regular business hours

Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation

Send us a Message

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Contact Us

Free Call 1800 994 279