Workers Compensation Claims Lawyers NSW

If you’re an employee of a:

  • Commonwealth government agencies and statutory authorities (excluding members of the Australian Defence Force) and the ACT Government and its agencies; or
  • A National employer that has been granted a self-insurance licence for workers’ compensation by the Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Commission,

and you are injured at work, your claim will fall under the Comcare Scheme.

Under the Comcare Scheme you may be entitled to the following benefits:

  • medical expenses;
  • travel costs;
  • household and attendant care services;
  • aids, appliances and modifications;
  • incapacity benefits;
  • permanent impairment; and
  • death and funeral benefits.

Making a Claim

There are four (4) steps to making a claim under the Comcare Scheme.

Step 1- Report your injury

If you have injured yourself, or developed a disease or condition, that you believe has resulted from your employment, you should report this to your employer as soon as possible.

Step 2 Consult with your doctor and obtain a medical certificate

If you have not already done so, you consult with your doctor who will be able to advise you as to appropriate treatment options.

If your doctor recommends treatment or certifies you as being unable to perform your usual work without restriction, then you should request your doctor to provide you with a medical certificate.

The medical certificate should include all of the following:

  • your details;
  • a description of the symptoms you are suffering;
  • a diagnosis of the injury, or disease/condition, you are suffering from;
  • an opinion as to the probable cause of the injury, or disease/condition;
  • the date of injury;
  • date the you first sought treatment for the injury or disease/condition;
  • details of any pre-existing or contributing factors;
  • the doctor’s recommended treatment (if applicable);
  • the doctor’s certification of your fitness for work (if applicable); and
  • the date of the certificate together with the doctor’s details and signature.

Step 3 – Complete a workers’ compensation claim form

You can obtain a claim form from your employer or download one from the Comcare website.

Step 4 – Lodge the claim form with your employer

Once you complete the claim form it must be lodged with your employer.

We recommend you give it to your usual supervisor or a member of your employer’s Human Resources or Management teams. You will see that part 2 of the claim form must be completed by your employer.

If you no longer work for the “employer” for whom you worked when you were injured, you must still lodge the claim form with that “employer”.

If you cannot find any current details about that that “employer”, and you think it may no longer exist, please don’t hesitate to contact us and we will be able to undertake a search and clarify the situation. If the “employer” does no longer exist, then the claim form should be lodged with Comcare directly.

Get Help

Please provide details regarding your matter so we can assist you.

We respond in 24 hours or less!*

*During regular business hours

Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation

Send us a Message

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Contact Us

Free Call 1800 994 279