Yes. Even if you were married overseas you may apply for divorce in Australia if you (or your spouse) are an Australian citizen, can prove Australia is your main place of residence, and/or can show that you have lived in Australia for at least 12 months before applying for divorce.

If you were married overseas and are thinking about separating in Australia we recommend you immediately seek legal advice to determine if you are eligible.

Get Help

Please provide details regarding your matter so we can assist you.

We respond in 24 hours or less!*

*During regular business hours

Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation

Send us a Message

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Contact Us

Free Call 1800 994 279