Once a parenting plan has been finalised with consent orders, it can only be modified in limited circumstances. Ultimately, the possibility and process of modifying your parenting agreement depend on the type of arrangements in place.

In general, if both parties consent to the changes, you may:

  • Draft and sign amended consent orders that can be issued without the need for either party to appear in court; or
  • Establish a new parenting plan.

If one parent disagrees with the proposed modifications or if the parents cannot reach an agreement on its terms, the parent seeking the changes may apply to the Court for a new parenting order. This will follow the same procedure as applying for the original order.

The Court may order changes to the parenting plan if it deems them necessary and appropriate given the child’s best interests.

Get Help

Please provide details regarding your matter so we can assist you.

We respond in 24 hours or less!*

*During regular business hours

Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation

Send us a Message

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Contact Us

Free Call 1800 994 279